1. To locate the filler hole of the cartridge you must remove the plastic cover. This
cover must be removed before refilling by carefully prying it off with a thin metal blade,
such as a penknife or Gently clamp the cartridge bottom in a vise or similar
device. Grab the top with a large wrench or set of pliers and crack off the top. This will
likely break some plastic, but this is generally cosmetic damage.
. Important: Make certain not
to damage the sensors on the back of the cartridge.
2. Attach the needle to the syringe and fill with the correct color ink.
3. Insert the filling needle into the corresponding filler hole of the color to be
refilled, (see diagram above) and push as far down into the cartridge. Note: You may feel a slight pressure because the cartridge contains a
( 8R7883 Photo Cartridge - Push toothpick
into each chamber to determine color. )
4. Inject approximately 8 ml. of ink s-l-o-w-l-y or until the sponge is soaked.
Important: The sponge inside is white. And in order to prevent
overfilling the cartridge do not change the color of the sponge to the color you are
filling. When the ink just begins to surface where the needle is inserted, stop filling,
the cartridge is full.
5. After refilling, the top can be refitted and fixed with adhesive tape.
6. Replace the cartridge and run 1 - 3 cleaning cycles as
per printer instructions.
Or print the following pages:
For best results, leave cartridge in printer for 8 hours after refilling so the ink can saturate the entire sponge. (Allows ink to flow to the
Note: Immediately refill any empty cartridges.