Xerox 8R7638 8R7659, and 4004 Cartridges
Xerox Xj4C, Document Work Centre 450C, 4004 and
Home Work Centre Printers
Also Texas Instruments Micromarc printers.
1. Make a filling hole on the front of the cartridge 1/2" from the
top using the thumb drill provided or other pointed object.
2. Attach the needle to the syringe and fill with ink.
3. Insert the filling needle through the hole and push towards the center
of the cartridge.http://www.refillinstructions.com/black.htm
Note: The cartridge contains felt. When the needle touches the felt stop inserting.
The needle is in as far as it can go.
4. Slowly inject up to 35 ml. of ink or until ink appears at the filling hole.
5. Seal the filling hole with the aluminum tape provided or with adhesive tape.
6. Unused ink may be returned to the bottle. Rinse the syringe and needle with water and
dry for further use.
7. Replace the cartridge and run 1 - 3 cleaning cycles as per printer
Or print the following pages:
For best results, leave cartridge in printer for 8 hours after refilling so the ink can saturate the entire sponge. (Allows ink to flow to the
Note: Empty cartridges should be refilled immediately.
To Clean the Printhead
Clean the printhead only if the cartridge doesn't print or prints in streaks.
- Follow the directions in the printer manual.
- If that doesn't work, here's a quick and easy method to try next:
- Turn on the hot water faucet and let the water get good and hot.
- Stick just the copper printhead under the hot water for 3 to 5 seconds.
- Remove the printhead and dry with a tissue.
- Re-insert in the printer and run the printhead cleaning routine.
- Print 2 pages. You should get dilute print for a half page or so and then good quality
- If this doesn't work, soak only the printhead in simmering water for up to 2 hours. You
may add up to 50 percent ammonia for tough clogs.
A Refill Kit should include Ink plus
1 Syringe for Black
Printer ink and Refill kits for your Printer