Instructions for the Epson T069, T078 Series
The following are two methods for refilling the Epson 69 and 78 series cartridges. Included is a method given by the chip resetter's manufacturer. These instructions are form the technicians at the Dickson City PA store and are not official Printer Filling Station instructions. We are not to be held responsible for any damage incurred while using these instructions.
What you will need:
1. Begin by
loosening the outer cover with the small flat-head screwdriver. Release
the three clips on the valve side of the cartridge. Then release the
fourth clip as shown.
2. Gently pry back the outer cover and wedge it open with a small piece of rubber or plastic being careful not to remove or break the cover.
3. Drill a 1/16
inch hole in the cartridge as shown. Be careful not to drill too deeply
as you could puncture the second wall inside the cartridge.
4. Seal the vent hole with a piece of electrical tape. (The cover has been removed for the rest of the instructions, but this is not necessary.)
5. Place the cartridge in the vice at a slight angle with the drilled hole at the top.
6. Fill the cartridges by the syringe with the rubber stopper using negative pressure (i.e. pull plunger up and release), being careful to make a tight seal.
Once filled, the cartridge should weigh about 30 grams.
7. Seal the hole using hot glue and tamp the glue making a flat seal.
8. Remove the tape from the event hole
9. Reset the chip using an
Epson Desktop chip resetter. The chip
has nine contacts, but only seven need to be reset.
10. Tape, label, and wrap the cartridge.